Tuesday, November 20, 2018

A Bit of Gold Always Brings a Smile.

A few weeks ago I covered a card panel with Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron Oxide Inks.  It was pretty plain but splotchy.  I then added a bit of Broken China oxide ink to the green panel and added a few water drops.  The panel was set off to dry and forgotten.

While doing a bit of clean up I came across it and thought it needed leaves or some natural greenery to it but wasn't sure.  It sat longer.  Then today I took it up again and sent it through an embossing folder that had a lots of leaf impressions.  Next I put a little bit of Gold Nuvo Mousse onto the glass mat and ran a roller though it so I could roll across the paper and hit the high spots of the leaves.

Because I have a leaf theme going I took one of my leaf dies that sort of matched the embossing leaves and die cut the leaves with gold paper.  It is held off the paper with a green fun foam cut with the same die.

I still thought the card needed more so I ran a tiny bit of Black Distress Crayon around the edge and smudged it with a damp finger as I did not want it very black.  I next bordered the panel with Krylon Gold pen for a little bit of gold right on the edge.

I wasn't sure how I wanted to mount it onto the actual card as a full panel or cut it down so it would have a border.  I ended up cutting the panel so there would be a border of something else around the edge of the finished card.  Looking though my stash of printed papers looking for something to match and coming up with nothing I used a black and white print and sponged Mowed Law Distress Ink all around the edge.  When it was dry I used the Krylon Gold pen to border it.

In the end I think it came out pretty good.  I am still trying to think outside the simple box so doing cards that seem multi-media are not only fun but pushes me into a more artsy form of card making.  

The sentiment if from Cornish Hens Stamp Company embossed with black on a cut off piece of the original panel which I also used Krylon Gold Pen on around the edges and sprinkled Nuvo Mousse watered down on it.   I don't think Corning Hens Stamps are still in business.

I am entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - All That Glitters is Gold.













Check out all the fantastic Cards using some Gold over on Simon Says Stamp Blog Wednesday Challenge.  Enjoy.

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-glitters-gold/



Thanks for stopping by and taking a peak at my creative endeavors.  May you day always have a bit of Gold sprinkled in somewhere.

Blessings,
Deborah













2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. The gold on the background and the gold on the leaf die cut against greenish aqua background is so mesmerising! What you have here is a masterpiece. I love it so much I don't have enough words to describe how beautiful it is. Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card! I love how you made the background, it looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete