Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Make-Up Brushes for Ink Blending

This was brand new to me.  I am use to using the stencil brushes or the round foam pads for ink
blending but had seen some others use these very very dense make-up brushes and I wanted to give it a try.  Well I am not so sure I like it, maybe I had too heavy a hand or didn't know what I was doing.

The first attempt I used Ranger Speciality Stamping Paper because it is the card stock I like best for blending since the ink stays wet a bit longer on it.  However I didn't like it so switched to Neenah Paper which is what I finished up the card with.  As for the brushes themselves I found the ink does not stay on the brushes for very long.  In fact by the time I did a few circular motions I could rub the brush on a white towel and noting transferred.  It almost got frustrating trying to get an over all smooth finish with a lighter edge disappearing into the white card stock.  On the envelope I gave up with the blue and just used a well inked foam pad and it did much better.  I'll probably go back and add a few Nuvo drops but I didn't have time this evening.

It makes sense that one would not want these brushes to hold onto the makeup but transfer it, however make-up usually has an oil base and I think that is going to allow for a smooth finish with make-up but for me anyway, I was disappointed with using a water based ink. So I think I will retire these brushes from my studio to my make-up bin.


Flower Stamp - Unity Stamp Company
Greeting - Designed Inked (I miss that company)
Inks - Distress













I'm entering this into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Card + Matching Envelope



Thank for stopping by. 

Deborah David




1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card & envelope Deborah! It's so pretty and your sponging looks fabulous.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete