Sunday, January 13, 2019

Use Something New

I purchased the Tim Holtz "Paper-Cut Bird" way last fall and hadn't used the die yet.  I had always thought this die would need to be in front of a really cool background or need stained with watercolor paints but it wasn't until Tim featured his new die "Organic" in black card stock that I knew that is how I would do it.  I had never thought of using black card stock as I am just not into the real dark colors but this came out stunning.  The Bird panel is cut down to fit a 4.5x6 inch card base.  Black strips of paper are used to make a frame and finish off the cut ends of the Bird panel.

The background is alcohol ink with a bit of gold, mixative as well.  This background had enough white left in it to make the black card stock really stand out.

Because the card seemed so plain when finished, I decided to add a silk ribbon stained with Mowed Lawn ink into the birds mouth with the words "Hello Friend" stamped on the ribbon.  The stamp set I used is also by Tim Holtz.

The inside of the card got a general greeting by Unity Stamp Company.












I will be entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Blog Monday Challenge here:

I hope you all had a wonderful time playing with any new products, stamps or dies you recently acquired and if not the ending results may surprise you with glee in your creative process.

Thank you for stopping by,
Deborah









1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty card, and that die is amazing, really beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete